The Voice of America Studio Tour offers a firsthand look at VOA's live news and information programming that is available to an international audience in more than 40 languages on multiple platforms, including radio, television, and the Internet.
For the public VOA Studio Tour, the following information will be helpful to interested visitors:
- Offered at noon on Tuesday-Thursday from April 1 – November 30.
- Visitors should arrive 10 minutes early to go through security screening. Those arriving after 12:00 p.m. will not be admitted.
- No reservations required; tours limited to a maximum of 10 people on a first come, first served basis.
- Use the C Street entrance to the building.
- Admission: Free
- Tours last approximately 45 minutes.
- Tours are conducted in English only.
- Tour is recommended for those age 16 and above.
Group tours are available year round and by appointment only. For group tour requests, please make a booking with the VOA Office of Public Relations using VOA’s group tour booking form here. VOA reserves the right to cancel or adjust tours depending on guides and availability. Please confirm with our office via email prior to your arrival for a group tour.
VOA's headquarters is home to a series of historic murals commissioned by the U.S. government to depict the Social Security Act and other New Deal programs enacted in response to the Great Depression. Lithuanian-born artist Ben Shahn was selected in 1940 to paint the most prominent of the murals. For special tours of the murals, please contact PublicRelations@voanews.com.