Healthy Living is VOA TV to Africa’s popular health magazine program broadcast on VOA and affiliated stations. This 30-minute health magazine show features reports on timely and practical health news, as well as conversations with doctors with expertise on African health issues including malaria, meningitis, measles and polio. In addition, there’s a concentrated focus on AIDS prevention and treatment, as well as the latest information and research, along with emerging trends and potential treatment options for the future.
This week’s program includes stories on:
• UNICEF’s new efforts to immunize children in developing countries and allow more people to have access to more vaccines regardless of cost;
• Post polio syndrome, a condition that affects polio survivors anywhere from 10 to 40 years after recovering from polio;
• Rotary International's efforts to eradicate polio since 1985;
• A new study that shows the best way to reduce the risk of osteoporosis;
• A report on why it is important for family caregivers to take care of their own health; and
• A look at new advances in the treatment of prostate cancer.
For more information, or to view an Internet stream of the show, visit the program web page at http://www.voanews.com/english/Africa/HealthyLiving.cfm.